ARM Binaries?

Topics: Developer Forum
Sep 17, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Is there any plan to post a binary for WinRT/ARM?

Alternately, are there instructions for including the project source in a solution to build properly for ARM? I think I have it working, but would like to be sure. I'm including HAPLight, HtmlAgilityPack.fx.4.5, and HtmlAgilityPack.Metro in my solution and it seems to build ok.

Developer
Sep 18, 2012 at 12:56 AM

WinRT Binaries are already posted. Check the"winrt45" folder in the downloads. Also you can just use the nuget package and it should auto reference. I haven't tested on ARM since I have no devices to test on.

Developer
Sep 18, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Note if you're looking to use HAP in HTML/JS or C++ projects, that may never happen. If it does it may look quite different. The issue is to make a full WinRT compatible module (winmd) all classes exposed must be sealed and other restrictions. One day I'll have a go at it to see if I can figure out how to get it to work.

Sep 18, 2012 at 5:17 PM

This is in a C#/XAML app. It wasn't clear whether the binary provided would work on ARM (it may have), but including the HtmlAgilityPack.Metro project in the app seemed to work ok.

For HTML/JS, you've got a DOM anyway, so maybe there's less need for HAP. Could be handy in a C++ app, though!

Thanks for your reply and for the excellent project.

Sep 18, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Actually, now I can confirm that the DLL available for here does work on ARM.