Can I use Html Agility Pack in commercial software?

Topics: User Forum
Dec 24, 2008 at 4:40 PM

Html Agility Pack is a great product, but... I am a bit confused with the license. Is anybody using it in the commercial solutions? How can I use it with commercial closed-source software?

Best regards, Oleg Yaroshevych.
Jan 20, 2009 at 4:37 AM
Any feedback?
Mar 25, 2009 at 6:57 PM
I don't think you can, because even though it isn't defined as non-commerical, you have to share it under a similar license i.e. distribute the source code.

You can however speak directly to the developers and have this license waived with their consent.
Apr 29, 2009 at 3:34 PM
I disagree.  The license states:
  • each contributor grants you a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free copyright license...
    • to reproduce its contribution, prepare derivative works of its contribution, and distribute its contribution or any derivative works that you create.
    • to make, have made, use, sell, offer for sale, import, and/or otherwise dispose of its contribution in the software or derivative works of the contribution in the software.
  • do not use their trademarks, brand, etc
  • leave copyrights in the software
  • if you distribute the source, include the full source
  • if you distribute the binary, comply with this license
read the license tab.  Its pretty clear and "open"
May 1, 2009 at 9:46 PM
Looks like the license was changed to a more appropriate one on April 24, 2009.

The old version said you couldn't dance to HtmlAgilityPack in public without providing source code or some such thing.

May 2, 2009 at 12:03 AM

Thanks for changing the license. This solves all issues.

Best regards, Oleg Yaroshevych.
May 18, 2009 at 6:53 AM

I changed the licence recently because there were many questions about it. Back then, when CodePlex opened, there were not so many choices :)