Can I use Html Agility Pack in commercial software?

Topics: User Forum
Dec 24, 2008 at 4:40 PM
Hi,

Html Agility Pack is a great product, but... I am a bit confused with the license. Is anybody using it in the commercial solutions? How can I use it with commercial closed-source software?

Best regards, Oleg Yaroshevych.
Jan 20, 2009 at 4:37 AM
Any feedback?
Mar 25, 2009 at 6:57 PM
I don't think you can, because even though it isn't defined as non-commerical, you have to share it under a similar license i.e. distribute the source code.

You can however speak directly to the developers and have this license waived with their consent.
Apr 29, 2009 at 3:34 PM
I disagree.  The license states:
  • each contributor grants you a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free copyright license...
    • to reproduce its contribution, prepare derivative works of its contribution, and distribute its contribution or any derivative works that you create.
    • to make, have made, use, sell, offer for sale, import, and/or otherwise dispose of its contribution in the software or derivative works of the contribution in the software.
  • do not use their trademarks, brand, etc
  • leave copyrights in the software
  • if you distribute the source, include the full source
  • if you distribute the binary, comply with this license
read the license tab.  Its pretty clear and "open"
May 1, 2009 at 9:46 PM
Looks like the license was changed to a more appropriate one on April 24, 2009.

http://htmlagilitypack.codeplex.com/license

The old version said you couldn't dance to HtmlAgilityPack in public without providing source code or some such thing.

-Mike
May 2, 2009 at 12:03 AM
Team,

Thanks for changing the license. This solves all issues.

Best regards, Oleg Yaroshevych.
Coordinator
May 18, 2009 at 6:53 AM

I changed the licence recently because there were many questions about it. Back then, when CodePlex opened, there were not so many choices :)