1.4.0 Adds some serious new features to Html Agility Pack to make it work nicer in a LINQ driven .NET World. The HtmlNodeCollection and HtmlAttributeCollection now generic ILists and expose IEnumerable<T> methods to mimic LINQ to XML. This opens an alternative to XPATH for querying the HTML tree. Beyond this 1.4.0 introduces tons of code cleanups and removal of all old non-generic classes (no more arraylists :).
1.4.0 also brings basic msdn like documentation and a new program called HAP Explorer for viewing the HTML tree.
Changes from Beta 2. The biggest changes are better support for character encoding and support for medium trust environments.
- Removed DescendantNodes() function since it was identical to the Descendants() function.
- Patch# 4706. Added UserAgent property to HtmlWeb class to be used in webrequests. Minor update to code supplied by radicull
- Patch# 4432 . Applied HtmlEntity decoding of UniCode html entities supplied by tsai
- Patch# 4396. Applied UTF-8 changes from JudahGabriel
- Applied JonGalloways HAPExplorer patch
- Added Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2 Solution
- Fixed compatibility in Medium Trust environments. Added a default list of extensions and content types to be used when the registry is not available.
- Updated Charset detection to use a Dictionary<string,string> instead of arraylists of NameValuePair
- search tag support in HAPExplorer