Installation issue

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Nov 2, 2010 at 9:20 PM

Hi There,

I've downloaded v1.4.0 from this site and extracted the three files in the distro. I've added HtmlAgilityPack.dll as a reference to my VB 2008 Express project and written some test code (to create an HtmlDocument object and load some HTML into it) however whenever I try to run the code I get VB throwing up a window asking me to point it to the file 'HtmlDocument.cs' - the browser window that pops up has the title 'Find Source: HtmlDocument.cs'.

Am I missing something? Were there some other files to download other than the three that came in the rar file (the .dll, the .pdb and the .xml)?

Have tried searching both this discussion list and a more general Google search and only found one other person with the same issue and no solution!

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Nov 4, 2010 at 3:57 PM
Edited Nov 4, 2010 at 3:58 PM

Come on guys, someone must know what's going on here... If anyone else has sccessfully downloaded and used the DLL in a VB Express 2008 .NET project could you please post the steps you took to do this?

Many thanks,

Nov 12, 2010 at 11:00 AM

Looks like that HtmlAgilityPack with your code raises exception inside HAP. I cant't say anything more without seeing code.

Jan 14, 2011 at 2:17 PM

HtmlAgilityPack correctly detects the encoding from the html data, dutifuly logs a error that the stream encoding doesn't match the page encoding

how to win the lottery